AKW Extends Inclusive Showering and Bathing Range
AKW, a leading provider of bathroom accessibility solutions, is pleased to announce the addition of a range of well-known products to its portfolio, thanks to the company’s acquisition of Contour Showers Limited in 2022. These include a high-load bearing shower former, peristaltic waste pump, Vent-Axia extractor fans, walk-in and assistive baths, as well as a shower changing bed.
AKW is now able to offers end users and installers alike its widest range of inclusive showering and bathing solutions. Incorporating Contour Showers Limited’s most successful products into the AKW family of products, the following are amongst the products now available for purchase from AKW:
- The ShowerDec® wet floor former – it offers exceptional strength for wetroom shower areas up to 635 kg (100 stone). No additional supports are required around the waste area, enabling quick and easy installation.
- The P12 Shower Waste Pump – this peristaltic pump is the ultimate in quiet, unblockable and maintenance free shower waste pumps. With low running costs (due to its 24v DC efficient energy motor) and a 7-year warranty, it is a highly efficient and cost-effective solution.
- Vent-Axia Extractor Fans – the range includes five fans that have been designed to exceed the needs of social housing and deliver high performance with low sound and energy levels. With 5-to-7-year warranties, the range features Doc F and L compliant versions, as well as a simultaneous light and fan option.
- Walk-in and Assistive Baths – the range includes low threshold door walk-in baths, deep soaker walk-in corner baths with integrated seats, a button powered assistive seat bath and an adjustable height bath. They have all been designed to make bathing easier for those with a variety of mobility disabilities.
- The Ropox Shower Changing Bed – is a 300mm to 1000mm height-adjustable shower changing bed that can be folded up against the wall when not in use. It has a maximum user weight of 220 kg (34 stone) and can be specified with additional safety end and side guard rails as required.
Stuart Reynolds, UK Marketing & Product Management Director at AKW, comments: “We are very happy to have welcomed Contour Showers Limited to our growing family and to be able to continue to offer their popular products to installers, specifiers and end users. We are committed to making life better for those who need inclusive bathroom and showering solutions and these range additions enable us to offer even more competitively priced, high quality products that stand the test of time.”
To find out more download https://www.akw-ltd.co.uk/document/product-catalogue-2023/