Financial controller for RENOLIT Cramlington Neil Douglass was honoured for his charity works by becoming one of the torchbearers ahead of the London 2012 Olympics.
In October 2010 Neil’s world was turned upside down when he was diagnosed with chronic myeloid leukaemia (CML) - an extremely rare type of blood cancer.
Since his diagnosis Neil has raised nearly £10k for Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research which provides support and offers hope for a cure.
“I was originally nominated in June 2011 and never thought I would actually be chosen,” says Neil. “The anticipation built as 15 June approached. Thousands of people lined the streets and cheered me along my stretch of road in North Shields, Tyne & Wear. It is an experience I am very lucky to have had and one I will never forget it. Carrying the flame was an incredible honour, only made possible by the support that friends, family, colleagues and RENOLIT have shown in supporting my charity fundraising for Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research.”
If you would like to make a contribution to Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research details can be found at www.beatbloodcancers.org.uk
- Mira displays deft work with high design Agile
- Inta pushes bathroom style boundaries
- Into the Stratus-Phere with Westin Design
- Stylish Simplicity from Elica
- Kubex ‘Kingston’ Pivot Shower Pod
- EXTRACTAIR lead the way in cooker hoods!
- Ideal Bathrooms - The fine art of distribution
- Stoves Professional Revolutionises Gas Cooking
- Sense the difference with Britannia’s all-new...
- Crosby Kitchens opens new warehouse in Rotherham